Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Almond Flour Waffles......YUM!!!!


This morning I made the most delicious waffles from almond flour! I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla as well, so as they were cooking the kitchen smelled like a crisp fall morning. I will tell you that the first time I tasted these waffles I was not sure that I would ever want to eat them again. I was use to waffles, pancakes, and just about every other pastry I had ever eaten, made from white, all-purpose flour and lots of sugar. These waffles consist of a very simple list of ingredients that make them not only grain-free and gluten free, but also sugar free! You can also make a Paleo or vegan variation if you choose to not consume dairy. I personally like to make them with milk.

Almond Flour Waffles

– 2 cups almond flour (organic; I make my own, which I will share in another post or you can buy it here) **Note: Many almond flours on the market are too coarse for this recipe, therefore you will need to grind the flour more to make a fine "dust."
– 2 eggs (cage free; organic)
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 2/3 cup milk (grass fed; organic; you can use water instead for vegan and Paleo diets)

Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl. In another bowl whisk the eggs, then add the vanilla and milk, mixing the three ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and mix.

Pour into a waffle maker and cook.

* If you are using a Belgian Waffler maker, this recipe will yield two waffles and they should be cooked for 5 minutes. If you use a smaller iron you will yield more waffles and probably will not have to cook them as well. When you open the waffle maker the waffle should be a golden to light brown. Any darker and the waffle will be rock hard.
I love to add some grass fed butter and pure, organic maple syrup.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner