Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"Back to Basics" - Top Ten doTERRA Oil Blends - OnGuard

Today is day 12 of my "Back to Basics" series.





















On Guard (Protective) Blend

I know yesterday I said that Breathe was one of my favorite oil blends, which is true, but On Guard is my ABSOLUTE favorite! I love how is smells when we diffuse it. This blend contains clove, cinnamon, rosemary, wild orange, and eucalyptus (a species that can be taken internally, unlike the single oil). As I mentioned in my post last week, Clove oil scores the highest on the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) scale.* This scale measures the time and degree of free radical inhibition, which means this blend is PACKED full of antioxidants!*

This oil blend supports a healthy immune system,* provides a natural source of antioxidants,* promotes healthy circulation,* and provides an uplifting aroma. You can take this oil internally in an empty veggie capsule, as a "shot" in a tablespoon of water, in softgel form, or in beadlet form. Lastly, it can be used in an all-purpose cleaner (recipe in links below).

In my house, we use this blend aromatically, topically, and internally. I diffuse it just about every day because both my kids are in school and they bring home all sorts of germs! The chemical components of the various oils in this blend help to cleanse the air. Topically, I add a drop of oil to my toothbrush both day and night to maintain a healthy immune system* (a lot of which starts in your mouth and gut). I also make hand sanitizer for my dad to take to work and the main ingredient is On Guard. Whenever I need an immediate immune boost, I add one drop of On Guard to a tablespoon of water, gargle it for as long as I can and then swallow it.* I will also mix it with a carrier oil and apply to my kiddo's feet and necks when they need an immune boost.*



Like the Breathe collection, there are multiple doTERRA products that contain On Guard. First, of course, you have the oil itself, which is incredibly versatile. There are also softgels and beadlets, which are for oral (internal) use. You also have household cleaners such as a foaming hand wash, a concentrated cleaner, and a laundry detergent (LOVE). Lastly, there are throats drops and toothpaste.

On Guard Collection





















When using On Guard topically, be sure to always dilute, especially when using on children.

Links:

doTERRA Product Page: On Guard
doTERRA Blog: DIY Cleansing Wipes with doTERRA On Guard Essential Oil
doTERRA Blog: DIY: On Guard Hand Cleansing Spray
doTERRA Blog: DIY: Make Your Own On Guard Hand Cleanser
doTERRA Blog: DIY: All Purpose Spray (MY FAVORITE!)
Buy On Guard here

Research:

Bentayeb, K., Vera, P., Rubio, C., & Nerin, C. (2014). The additive properties of Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) assay: The case of essential oils. Food Chemistry, 148, 204 - 208. doi10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.10.037


BioSource Naturals. (n.d.). ORAC scale - A measurement of antioxidant capacity by the USDA and Tufts University. Retrieved on February 4, 2016 from http://biosourcenaturals.com/orac-value-of-essential-oils.htm

CAUTIONS: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. 

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner